Friday, October 28, 2005

Sacred Union

She lay there. Beside me. The monotonous hum of the fan, solemnizing our union. Strands of her hair caressing my face every now and then. A rara avis she was, in a league of her own. And to compliment her persona, she never really cared.

Despite of how cliché it may sound, I honestly think I am the luckiest man in the world. I’m so proud of her, my lover, my wife and (excuse me if I’m sounding dramatic) my life!!

I watched her, deep in her sweet slumber and wondered if I ever featured in any part of her secret dream world. It was such a pleasure to see her serene face lit by a faint candle flame. Her unusual mesmerizing beauty was a reflection of the Sacred Feminine, I believed.

A loud honk from a bus outside filled the air wit ugly reverberations. But with so much beauty around, that hardly survived. Beauty …….an ailment to balance out all the ugliness in the world.

The bullet hole adorns her forehead. Beads of dried blood looks like an eccentric sequins’ work. Must have hurt for a while .But now she is alright, I guess. She is asleep. Peaceful. Calm .Cold.

It’s almost three hours since I last heard her shriek. I hope I dint hurt her too much. Her fingers feel like popsicles wrapped in my palm. What if they thaw and melt way?

Nothing matters anymore now. There is so much beauty that it’ll prevent all ugly things from happening. Nothing matters anymore except the hum solemnizing our union, with her peacefully asleep. Calm. Quite. Cold. I’m, the luckiest man in the whole world.

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i said it befor ..and im saying it again...
good stuff

4:45 AM  
Blogger dreamer said...

Every time i read it..
i can feel my hair stand on the back of my neck.. pretty good!
check out my blog amogh..
http://ciggiediaries.blogspot.com

6:40 AM  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

hey.. one of my friend Not sure if she is a friend to you too.. recommended to view your page and read your artical. You have a great depth of speach and thoughts. amazing. would sure to keeep coming down here to upgrade my thoughts

3:52 AM  
Blogger Kundalini Crisis said...

I can learn a lot from you. Do vist my blog: http://kundalinicrisis.blogspot.com

1:35 AM  
Blogger RK said...

Beauty. Eyes. Beholder.
oh! crap.
ugly disguised as beauty.
Kill the masquerader.
What lies beneath is another mask.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Aslan said...

speechless..

3:47 AM  
Blogger Janus said...

Excellently reveals the dark side, I hope it was not yours in this case!
Keep Shading!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Amogh said...

@janus : Fortunately not :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Aditya Marathe said...

nice..
just nice ,.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ajit Nathaniel said...

Nice one! Surreal...

10:09 PM  
Blogger Butterfly said...

beautiful...

1:17 AM  
Blogger RB said...

Really a nice writeup amongst i have read!! :)
Cheers!
~Raj
(i dont write blog i just read)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow..that gave me the creeps!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Veda said...

damn wrong username! I was the one who got the creeps..lol.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Mayank said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Mayank said...

This is neat! :)

See if you can add the NP widget on ur blog -

http://ngopostblog.wordpress.com/2007/11/07/add-ngo-post-widget-to-your-blogwebsite/

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home